This is the summary of steps... check out this link fo more info.
- sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list
- add the following to the top of the file then save and exit
deb http://oss.oracle.com/debian unstable main non-free
wget http://oss.oracle.com/el4/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle -O- | sudo apt-key add -
- apt-get update
- apt-get install oracle-xe
This step will take a while to download
- sudo /etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure
You will be asked a few question, I recommend chaning the port of the DB admin to 9999 or anything other than 8080 since that is the default port of lots of web app servers...
- vi ~/.bashrc
- add the following at the end
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_HOME export ORACLE_SID=XE export PATH
That is it... enjoy