- Open a new tab in FireFox.
- type about:config
- search for network.protocol-handler.external.mailto and make sure it is set to true
- go to your google apps mail (gmail).
- in the window URL type
- When you see the Add Application button near the address bar click it.
- in Firefox's Tools menu, choose Options. (Mac users, go to the Preferences dialog.) In the Applications tab, search for mailto. and you can select your "My Domain Mail" as the default or you can ask firefox to ask you every time.
October 26, 2009
So you love your google hosted email on your own domain (google apps) but Can't get the mailto links in web pages to full work... check out the following cleared up steps... I have to keep googleing this so might as well save them here...
- Missing indirectly referenced artifact javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B:compile
- Maven/Nexus Failed to transfer file: Return code is: 401
- Maven 2 - WSDL TO Java using Jaxb
- Grails: Log4j Configuration Tricks/Issues
- Java: Ignore/Trust an invalid SSL cert for https communication
- Eclipse is running in a JRE, but a JDK is required - FIX
- Maven: The Definitive Guide - FREE PDF Download
- Java: Know your Java Collection API
- Using Jaxb2Marshaller to Write Object to file on disk
- Installing Tomcat 6 on Ubuntu 9.10 - Full guide